[rkward-devel] (no subject)

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Nov 2 11:54:01 UTC 2012

Hi!

Note that I did not allow your message to the list, due to the large attached
screenshot. Please try to keep attachments minimal.

Instead, I'm quoting your mail, here, in full:

On Friday 02 November 2012, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> R-engine crashed and I was suggested to send you an email with information.
> see the attached screenshot for error message and a screenshot of the code
> I were trying to run.
>
> The problem is repeatable, I've made it twice.
>
> I'm running RKWard 0.5.7 and R 2.14.1 on Ubuntu 12.04
>
> LAS2R is a locally developed package that is well known to work on Windows,
> and I think I'm the first one using it on Ubuntu.
>
> I could provide you the source code on LAS2R including the
> "getLASfileInfo"-function if someone is looking into this.
>
> Regards,
> Mona
>

> --------------------
> Mona Forsman
> PhD Student
> Section of Forest Remote Sensing
> Department of Forest Resource Management
> SLU
> Umeå
> 090-786 86 30

Ok, the first thing to check in this case is whether the same issue occurs
when running the code in a plain R session (i.e. start R from a terminal, and
paste / source your script). If so, the problem is not related to rkward, and
there is nothing we can do about it (the advice to send us mail is there,
since R rarely crashes; but of course there are cases when it does, and your
scenario sounds like it could be quite likely).

If the crash occurs inside RKWard, only, then, in fact, I'd need the sources
(and exact, and preferrably minimal instructions for reproducing the crash) in
order to look into this.