[rkward-devel] RKward Crash while updating CRAN packages

Aaron Sheldon sheldona at ucalgary.ca
Fri May 4 20:40:24 UTC 2012

Sucks this is the first message I post to this list. I did want to float
volunteering to write a plug-in/wizard for survival analysis. Oh well, here is
the mostly unhelpful details:

Application: rkward (0.5.7)
KDE Platform Version: 4.8.2 (4.8.2)
Qt Version: 4.8.1
Operating System: Linux 3.2.0-24-generic x86_64

Steps to reproduce:

1. Run kdesudo rkward from konsole
2. Open the update CRAN packages dialogue
3. Click on Select All Updates

Result:

Hard crash

Expected Result

1. Check marks in all packages that can be updated

Stack trace:

#6  0x00007eff1ab0f8b3 in QString::operator== (this=0x7efef45e1d08, other=...)
at tools/qstring.cpp:2192
#7  0x00000000004879cb in _start ()

This latest round of updates to Qt pushed with Kubuntu 12.04 seems to be
especially flaky, so this might not be a pure RKward bug, but rather a bad Qt
library.

--
Aaron Sheldon

Graduate Student