[rkward-devel] [rkward-cvs] SF.net SVN: rkward:[4180] trunk/rkward/rkward/rbackend/rpackages/rkward/R

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Mon Mar 19 09:39:18 UTC 2012

hi,

am Montag 19 März 2012, 10:15:25 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> 1) Add '@export' tags to *all* functions (did you already do that?)

not yet, i didn't mark functions that are supposedly meant to be internal. but
i think your proposal makes a lot of sense.

> 2) For all functions starting with a dot, add some marker like '#TODO REVIEW
> EXPORT' on the '@export'-line to remind us that we will have to check
> whether it is really necessary to export these.

i've tried to separate supposed internal functions already, by placing them in
"internal*.R" files. so we can just check all functions in these files later,
and if they need to be exported, rather move them to some other file.

> 4) Over time, we will take a look at the functions marked for review, one by
> one, and check whether / how they can be hidden from the export. (Is there
> a corresponding tag like '@internal', '@private', '@noexport' or something
> in roxygen? Otherwise, perhaps we should make up one ourselves, to avoid
> ambiguities).

the mechanism is that (only) functions/methods/classes marked "@export" will
be exported (i.e. available to the user), and everything else remains internal
without the need for further tagging. so once you remove the "@export" tag, a
function will already be hidden.

that is, basically all there is left to do is to add the line "#' @export"
before each function definition that is not tagged yet, and call roxygenize().