[rkward-devel] issue with frozen "open file" window

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jul 11 10:02:49 UTC 2012

Hi!

On Wednesday 11 July 2012, Matthieu Stigler wrote:
> clever. And that was it! Kate too! So the problem is more in KDE... need
> to check my packages and so on, will investigate that way, thanks!!

I suspects it's still some bad interaction between KDE and some local setting.
One thing to try would be renaming ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals .

Perhaps it's something like an inaccessible network drive stored as one of the
recent directories. Of course that's no excuse for a hanging dialog, but if
you can identify something like this as the triggering condition, that would
surely help fixing the issue.