[rkward-devel] first public beta for RKWard on MacOSX

meik michalke Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Wed Jan 11 15:27:36 UTC 2012

dear all,

we are proud to announce the first public beta test version or RKWard on
MacOSX. if you have access to a Mac -- or know people who are anxious to use
RKWard on their's --, please consider testing this release, and give us
feedback:
 o https://sourceforge.net/projects/rkwardextras/files/MacOSX

you should find all neccessary installation notes in the README.MacOSX file.

known issues:
=============

1. the bundle is still huge (2,7 GB unpacked on your harddrive), as it comes
with a full KDE base environment. hopefully we'll find ways to change that in
future releases, but for the moment we're focussing on possible problems with
RKWard itself.

2. RKWard's ususal graphics device features are still missing. graphics
devices are therefore what you get from R directly, without the nice add-ons
RKWard offers on GNU/linux and Windows.

apart from that, so far RKWard seems to work fine -- see for yourselves :-)
your comments and suggestions are most welcome!

  heinrich-heine-universit"at d"usseldorf