[rkward-devel] output menu

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Jan 10 12:54:58 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Sunday 08 January 2012, meik michalke wrote:
> Am Sonntag 08 Januar 2012, 20:14:29 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> > - I just tried it in firefox, there, clicking "Show TOC" only flashes the
> > TOC briefly. Adding "; return false;" to the onclick attributes appears
> > to fix the issue.
>
> urgh. ok, added that. but that surely doesn't get an aesthetics award.

note that there _may_ be a nicer fix. This is just the first working solution
that happened to cross my way...

> > - The style definitions could be merged into the CSS-file we already have
> > (pages/rkward_output.css).
>
> done. allthough this means, if you were to share the HTML file with
> someone, it won't look pretty without the CSS file. i don't know if that's
> an issue to keep in mind.

Well, true, but I don't think that is much of a problem, as long as the file
remain usable without the CSS.

> btw, i also implemented the collapsing feature you mentioned. the code
> needs to be optimized, but it works, for a start.

Yes, works for me, too. Have you tried using <select onchange="..."> instead
of separate links for the level selection? If that works, it would probably
save some space.

One remaining problem is that the TOC is reset to hidden, whenever anything is
added to the output. I don't know whether there is anything that can be done
about that, short of setting a cookie.