[rkward-devel] mac preview

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Jan 10 08:57:13 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Monday 09 January 2012, meik michalke wrote:
> a while ago you suggested we could announce the current MacPorts bundle of
> RKWard to the rkward-users list. i built an updated one just today, and i
> believe it's even better for a beta test, since we already addressed some
> bugs ;-)

yes, indeed. We did not do anything about the Alt+Number shortcut conflicts,
yet. I just committed a workaround (although in the mid term, we should
probably re-think those shortcuts cross-platform). Not sure, how hard it would
be to update the bundle for that.

> so, shall we do it? the bundle has a size of 810 MB (2,7 GB unpacked),
> which is still quite huge. can we host such big files on sf.net? in
> addition, i think we could also release the portfile officially on
> MacPorts. i would take care of both once you give the sign.

Go ahead with both!

I think 810MB should not be a problem, since I know some other projects host
CD images. This would go to the "rkwardextras"-project (which already has some
fairly large files). Annoyingly, the SF.net upload speed appears to be
restricted, so expect the upload to take several hours.