[rkward-devel] rkward plugintest hangs

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Feb 19 17:34:27 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Sunday 19 February 2012, Michael Cohen wrote:
> I've compiled it appears successfully rkward to the point I get the gui
> with ability to configure pluginmaps and other such.
> In the build directory as instructed I put in make pluginmaps.

"make pluginmaps" is an important tool for catching regressions during
development. However, it is quite prone to false alarms, and in fact, I will
probably remove the generic recommendation to run "make plugintests" in the
next release.

The messages about differences in kpss.test look mostly harmless to me. In any
case, these do not indicate a problem in rkward, but are probably due to some
changes in the "tseries" package.

> 4 rkward.backend processes are running out of created test directory in
> /tmp.  Do you all know what this might be due to???

One rkward.rbackend process is started for each rkward session. This should go
away after the frontend has exited, although in some cases this may not happen
immediately. What happens if you wait a few minutes? Are the processes still
around? Do they use CPU cycles?

The processes should write some diagnostic log files to /tmp. Are the
rkward.rbackend.XXXXX files growing? Could you post one of these files to the
list (if it is very large, the last 100 lines or so will be enough).