[rkward-devel] add docs to help menu

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Sep 21 08:42:57 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 21 September 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> i previously only tested with "make webdocs", and since that went fine i
> assumed the markup was ok.

Yes, somehow "meinproc" (which is used by make webdocs) is less strict, for
whatever reason. That's why I had to fix all those <listitem>s yesterday, which
had worked with meinproc for years.

> btw., do you oppose the idea of having these docs linked in the help menu?

Not exactly, although I am a bit worried about crowding the help menu with all
the docs that we _could_ link, there. So my idea was to make "Help on RKWard"
an overview page with the most relevant links, similar to "Help on R".

> i'm using LyX a lot and always found it helful to find a list of docs
> there. but of course, just an inspiration.

Perhaps the same could be achieved by trimming the "Help on RKWard" page a bit
(everything below the first two sections could be turned into a list or table,
I suppose)?