[rkward-devel] RKWard repository

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Sep 18 09:31:34 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Thursday 15 September 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> there's now a repository for RKWard plugin packages available:
>   http://rkward.sf.net/R

great! I added this to the default list of repos in SVN (for those few who
might have already added it to your configuration in RKWard: You will get a
duplicate entry; simply remove one).

(I also enabled directory indexing for the repository on the server.)

> it currently is more like a proof of concept and just holds one package,
> that is rkwarddev.

I see you added XiMpLe and koRpus. This raises two follow-up questions:
1) Are we ready to remove support for the old GHNS-based repository for the
coming version of RKWard, or should we wait some more?
2) Perhaps we should not install the rkwarddev and XiMpLe packages with
RKWard, after all, but rather leave it to the user to fetch them (which is
real simple, now)? Advantages would be a slightly smaller installation, and
the ability to update/maintain the rkwarddev and XiMpLe package independently
of the "main" release schedule.