[rkward-devel] roxygen2 docs for rkward package

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Sep 10 10:07:22 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Thursday 08 September 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> i would suggest using roxygen from here on, because it's harder to forget
> to update the docs if they're in the same file, and it automatically does
> some checking. i used Rd2roxygen to initially convert the existing docs.
> it's rather pointless to repeat that agein and again ;-)

yes, fully agreed. I was looking into how "roxygenization" would be added to
our maintainance scripts, but while testing, I stumbled across some things
that made me wonder. One thing is that rk.record.plot-docs apparently got
missing in the conversion (I hope these were the only ones).

Another thing that I just noted is that the generated pages appear to lack a
"usage" section, which is pretty confusing, esp. on pages listing multiple
functions.

Also there may be some more subtle issues. For instance, on the roxygenized
variant of the rk.misc-page, the "Details" for rk.rename.in.container() have
moved into the "Description"-section for the whole page.

Is there anything we can do about those issues?