[rkward-devel] a new approach to external plugins

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Sep 1 10:30:46 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Tuesday 30 August 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> i've cleaned up a lot. i removed all rk.* functions from XiMpLe and put
> them in a package of their own, rkwardplugdev, which depends on XiMpLe.
> they are also all documented now, and some new ones were added:
>  rk.XML.cbox()
>  rk.XML.row()
>  rk.XML.col()
>  rk.XML.frame()
>  rk.XML.radio()
>  rk.XML.vars()
>
> let me know what you think :-)

I must admit, I don't find this more convenient than editing XML, directly, but
tastes differ, so why not. Why don't you place them next to the "rkward" and
"rkwardtest" packages in SVN (perhaps as "rkwarddev")? We can still wait for
them to mature some more (if necessary), before we add them to the
installation (rpackage_install.cmake.in).