[rkward-devel] factor analysis plugin & checkable frames

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Mon Oct 31 22:48:11 UTC 2011

hi,

something new to test: the package "rk.FactorAnalysis" 0.01-0. still quite
limited...

i used a checkable frame in that and had a hard time figuring out how to
automatically scan the XML for it, so i could re-use it in rkwarddev's JS
functions. the problem is that it doesn't have "checked" as its default
property -- could that just be changed without causing trouble anywhere?

otherwise, a workaround is to create a JS variable object from those frame
objects, but don't actually paste them to the JS file (as it's automatically
defined already), but only use it in the other JS functions as a carrier for
its variable name:

<have>
  # define the frame
  my.frame <- rk.XML.frame(some.stuff, label="Do stuff?", checkable=TRUE)

  # define the dummy object
  dummy <- rk.JS.vars(my.frame, modifiers="checked")

  # use dummy to create JS
  js.calc <- rk.paste.JS(
    ite(dummy, echo(", stuff=TRUE")),
    ...)
</have>

if "checked" was the default property, you could just use the object defining
the frame in the first place, without a dummy object:

<want>
  # define the frame
  my.frame <- rk.XML.frame(some.stuff, label="Do stuff?", checkable=TRUE)

  # use frame object directly to create JS
  js.calc <- rk.paste.JS(
    ite(my.frame, echo(", stuff=TRUE")),
    ...)
</want>