[rkward-devel] R_engine_has_died

Ádám Kőrösi korozott at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 22:17:09 UTC 2011

Dear RKWard Team,

I receive the following error message (1) when I try to start RKWard
using sudo rkward from the konsole. I have Ubuntu lucid lynx installed
on my PC with KDE 4.4.5 and R 2.12.3.

Message 1:

R engine has died

Error during handshake with backend process. Expected token 'Error:
"/tmp/kde-korosi" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.', received
token '3J0AboaB3yq66QFyvuXHC581kFAGQNdS'
The R backend will be shut down immediately. This means, you can not
use any more functions that rely on it. I.e. you can do hardly
anything at all, not even save the workspace (but if you're lucky, R
already did that). What you can do, however, is save any open
command-files, the output, or copy data out of open data editors. Quit
RKWard after that.
Since this should never happen, please write a mail to
rkward-devel at lists.sourceforge.net, and tell us, what you were trying
to do, when this happened. Sorry!

When I simply start RKWard by clicking on the icon or typing "rkward"
in the konsole I also get an error message (2), but RKWard seems to
work afterwards.

Message 2:

There was a problem starting the R backend. The following error(s) occurred:
-An unspecified error occurred that is not yet handled by RKWard.
Likely RKWard will not function properly. Please check your setup.

Details
R version 2.13.2 (2011-09-30)
Copyright (C) 2011 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
Platform: i486-pc-linux-gnu (32-bit)

Type 'q()' to quit R.

Attaching package: 'rkward'

The following object(s) are masked from 'package:grDevices':

x11, X11

The following object(s) are masked from 'package:base':

makeActiveBinding, q, quit, require, setwd, Sys.setlocale

starting httpd help server ... done
Error in file(file, ifelse(append, "a", "w")) :
cannot open the connection
Calls: rk.set.output.html.file -> .rk.cat.output -> cat -> file
In addition: Warning message:
In file(file, ifelse(append, "a", "w")) :
cannot open file '/home/korosi/.rkward//rk_out.html': Engedély megtagadva

Any comments are warmly welcome.
Thank you for your kind efforts in advance.

Best wishes,
Adam

--
Ádám Kőrösi, PhD