[rkward-devel] Upcoming release, call for testing RKWard 0.5.7

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Sun Oct 9 11:19:29 UTC 2011

hi,

am Sonntag 09 Oktober 2011 (12:18) schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> On Saturday 08 October 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> > it seems with the new dialog the automatic plugin installation fails for
> > me.
>
> well, try
>    .rk.find.package.pluginmaps("rkwarddev")
> It will not find the pluginmap without all.maps=TRUE .

argh, dammit -- thanks for the hint ;-) i fixed it in the package.

> Is there any striking reason why all.maps=TRUE is not the default? Do we
> need the parameter at all?

i think we discussed that when the feature was implemented. the idea is
similar to the all.pluginmap file, that is, with all.maps=FALSE only files
called "<package_name>.pluginmap" will be added by default, and what you want
to be loaded automatically should be in that (meta) file. that way you are
able to provide experimental/alternative pluginmaps you don't want to be found
by default in the same package. i fixed the above issue by adding a
rkwarddev.pluginmap with a <required> tag including the actual pluginmap. i'd
say it should stay as it is. we could change the name of the eventual meta
file perhaps, like into "index.pluginmap", to make its purpose more obvious.
maybe even i won't forget about it the next time, then...

however, i had the same problem with koRpus, and i could only fix it by
manually removing its pluginmap entry from the "All known plugin maps" list in
the rkwardrc file. in the long term, it would be nice to have this list
completely in the configuration dialog, and checkboxes next to them like in
the package management dialog. by the checkbox you'd then be able to
(de)activate pluginmaps, and non-existing pluginmaps should be removed
automatically. new plugins should still be added & activated by default.