[rkward-devel] rkward on mac

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue Nov 29 18:54:10 UTC 2011

Am Freitag 25 November 2011, 19:34:59 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> On Friday 25 November 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> > i'm building my first binary meta package right now, which includes all
> > dependencies.
>
> Cool! I wonder how large that will get...

erm, there is one now: 800MB. to say it with famous words of john crichton:
"that's big. that's really big." i haven't figured out yet if/how you can ban
certain pulled-in dependecies from an image (like the kdepim package, for a
start). i hope there is a sane way.

[hint: any "depends_build" declarations will not be put in the image, but all
"depends_lib". but even the kate port alone defined there lead to a 460MB
image, and didn't even work... so it might be better to keep all kde4-baseapps
in and selectively remove sub-ports we know we won't need]

apart from that, the whole build only took about nine hours on that workhorse,
which is much faster than i had thought.