[rkward-devel] Setup does not detect KDE version

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Nov 10 09:28:35 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Wednesday 09 November 2011, Dan McCloy wrote:
> Attempting to install RKWard on Windows 7, 32 bit.  After installing R
> 2.14.0 and KDE 4.7.00 successfully, the RKWard installer 0.5.7-2 halts
> during setup on the "browse for KDE directory" screen.  It recognizes
> the /bin directory and finds libktexteditor.dll, but says that
> "Version UNKNOWN is too old (4.7.0 or later is required)."  Clicking
> "Install" anyway give the dialog message that the specified folder
> "does not seem to contain a KDE installation".  This seems to be a
> bug.  In the meantime, is there a way to power past this dialog and
> install anyway?

I have just uploaded a new version of the installer, which should allow you to
proceed after a warning:
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/files/Current_Stable_Releases/install_rkward_0.5.7-3.exe/download
Please test this, and let me know, whether it works for you.

I would still like to understand, why the version check does not work on your
system. Could you open a command prompt, cd to your KDE installation
directory, and then run
   bin\kde4-config.exe --kde-version
Could you post the exact output of that?