[rkward-devel] load R data files broken?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Jun 24 13:47:15 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Friday 24 June 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> ok, that was in 2007. they must have re-introduced this into newer QT
> versions then.

well, it may have been around all of the time. I mean the effect that this
window can be resized to ridiculously small sizes may well have gone unnoted
all the time.

I suspect is that something changed in kwin, which makes the existing bug
worse. My guess is that for some reason, your window manager tries to make
windows appear at the smallest allowable size. For most windows that is a
sensible size, but for this window, due to the above bug, it is not.

Perhaps you can take a look at your system settings, see if you find anything
that may be relevant.

> > I have committed an experimental patch, which should set a hard minimum
> > size limit to 50x50 pixels, in SVN. Could you test, whether than changes
> > anything?
>
> indeed it does: the dialog now comes up and remains. but it's about the
> size of a two-liner, so i must manually resize it verically to see all of
> it. at least this is an advancement over it not appearing at all.

Ok, I have just committed a new variant of the workaround. Please test.