[rkward-devel] klauncher fails on Windows 7

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Jun 21 18:13:41 UTC 2011

Hi Robert,

never mind my private mail. Your mail has arrived, after all.

On Tuesday 21 June 2011, Robert Winkler wrote:
> However, the klauncher does not work which results in various problems,
> such as :
>
> * Files cannot be opened
> Error message: "Could not start process Cannot talk to klauncher: The
> name org.kde.klauncher was not provided by any .service files."
>
> * Helpfiles do not open
> Error message on >help(hist):
> "The requested operation could not be completed
> Cannot Initiate the http Protocol
> Technical Reason: Unable to Launch Process"

Again, my first guess is that you have previously started a KDE application
from a separate user account in the same session. Currently that's a known
problem in KDE on Windows. If that may be the cause, either try rebooting, or
run
  kdeinit4.exe --terminate
from a command line in both user accounts (warning: This closes all running
KDE apps).

If that is not the issue, could you try starting "kwrite", and see if you can
open any files, there?