[rkward-devel] FSF address

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Tue Jun 21 08:30:59 UTC 2011

Good morning,

I was updating the Fedora RPM for rkward this morning and while checking
that I was doing a correct job I ran into this error:
rkward.x86_64: E:
incorrect-fsf-address /usr/share/doc/rkward-0.5.6/COPYING

Extended version is:
"""
rkward.x86_64: E:
incorrect-fsf-address /usr/share/doc/rkward-0.5.6/COPYING
The Free Software Foundation address in this file seems to be outdated
or misspelled.  Ask upstream to update the address, or if this is a
license file, possibly the entire file with a new copy available from
the FSF.
"""

So I checked the COPYING file from rkward which indeed says:
"""
 Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
                       59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA
02111-1307  USA
 Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
 of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.
"""

While on the fsf website I find:
"""
 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA  02110-1301  USA
 Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
 of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.
"""
source: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.txt

So there is indeed an error in the FSF address of the COPYING file :-)

Have a nice day,

Pierre