[rkward-devel] Logit Regression

Stefan Rödiger stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Wed Jan 12 19:51:34 UTC 2011

On Sunday 09 January 2011 20:26:06 mails-foren at gmx-topmail.de wrote:
> Hello,
>
> my suggestion is to implement in the next Version "logit regression"
> (binary and multinominal) and it would be also great if you could
> implement "probit regression" and "tobit regression".
>
> Thanks a lot for these great GUI - it's the best GUI for R I've ever
> seen!!!
>
> Best Regards
> Steffen
Dear Steffen,

thanks for the kind words and your suggestions.

Regarding your request I doubt that we can integrate such functionality in the
next version (but maybe in future version) since we currently lack man power.
But to be honest I'm not quite sure if one of us is working on it. For the
moment being I will add it to the feature request tracker^1.

Maybe I can awake your interest in trying to develop such functionality as
plugin by yourself. As you might know RKWard is extensible by its plug-in
architecture. Our main developer provided a lot of documentation and for sure
we would help you. Actually this the way I got involved in the project 5 years
ago. In case you are interested, please don't hesitate to ask for information
and support.

Sorry that I can't provide a more satisfying answer.

Kind regards
Stefan

¹:http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3156529&group_id=50231&atid=459010