[rkward-devel] package management dialog (was: three enhancemens)

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Feb 8 13:37:58 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Monday 07 February 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> if you configure more than one package repo and fetched the package lists,
> the display of available packages is confusing, at least to me... the
> first sort rule is the repos, only then packages are ordered
> alphabetically. i can't see the benefit of considering the repos here at
> all and would rather have all packages ordered by alphabet, because
> otherwise it's really hard to find a certain package by name, even if you
> know its repo origin.

yes, I simply never got around to implement sorting although it's easy enough.
Done. Also keyboard search should work for all package lists in the dialog,
now.

> the same, but to a lesser extend, goes for case
> sensitivity, which could be dropped as well for the listing order.

I agree, but unfortunately, Qt does not provide easy support for this. So,
while it's possible to drop case sensitivity (of course), this would be more
work than I'm willing to invest at the moment. Perhaps another day (or another
person).