[rkward-devel] bug in daily build?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Feb 2 11:56:43 UTC 2011

Hi,

ok, so I've changed the system()-overload to be a bit more failsafe. So
probably, it should work again, with tomorrow's daily build.

However, I am quite baffled by the output you got.

On Wednesday 02 February 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> version.string R version 2.12.1 (2010-12-16)

> > formals (system)
[does not include an "ignore.stdout"-parameter]

Hm, according to "NEWS.Rd", ignore.stdout was introduced in R 2.12.0. So I
don't understand, why you don't have it in 2.12.1. Could you re-run this in a
plain R console?

Any strange packages loaded? What's the output of these:
    identical (system, base::system)
    getAnywhere ("system")$where
?

> > formals (system2)
[same as formals(system)]

Huh? system2() should really have a completely different signature. Does this
match with the documentation in "?system2"?