[rkward-devel] Install Rkward in Ubuntu 10.04 from sources

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Dec 28 14:40:24 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Sunday 25 December 2011, Pedro Diosnel Bordón wrote:
> Hello! RKWard'm trying to install 0.5.7 from source on Ubuntu 10.04, I have
> all thelibraries that are needed but still can not make it work well, as
> it installs the program but does not enable the menus, and console get the
> following programerror, could you please help?

in general, there is no need to compile from sources on Ubuntu, as we binary
packages via launchpad PPAs. See this page for an overview of available PPAs:
https://launchpad.net/~rkward-devel

As far as I can see, this one should be the one for you to use:
https://launchpad.net/~rkward-devel/+archive/rkward-stable-cran

If you want to try building from source, make sure you have passed the correct
installation directory to cmake. Fur Ubuntu,
   -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
should be correct.

Installation to other directories will work in most - but not all - cases, if
you have set KDEDIRS, appropriately.