[rkward-devel] wilcoxon tests

meik michalke Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Dec 15 17:59:35 UTC 2011

hi,

Am Montag, 12. Dezember 2011, 22:32:15 schrieb Stefan Rödiger:
> On Monday 12 December 2011 19:47:56 Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> > On Monday 12 December 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> > > looking at the details sections of both ?wilcox.test and
> > > ?exactRankTests:::wilcox.exact, the two functions used by the dialogs
> > > "Wilcoxon Test" and "Wilcoxon Exact Test", they seem to differ only in
> > > the handling of ties. may i merge the two into one dialog? i find the
> > > current split into two separate dialogs a little confusing, given that
> > > both do exact tests under certain conditions. both functions have
> > > almost identical signatures and both return an object of class htest.
> >
> > sounds reasonable to me. Stefan, you created those plugins. Do you agree,
> > too?
>
> No objection to that

ok, here's a first shot at the merged plugin:
 o http://reaktanz.de/stuff/R/wilcox_new.R
or, with markup (if you actually want to read the script ;-)):
 o http://reaktanz.de/stuff/R/wilcox_new.html

just run the script and the plugin should come up -- files go to tempdir(), so
all is gone after RKWard was restarted.

btw, i get

  Package ‘exactRankTests’ is no longer under development.
  Please consider using package ‘coin’ instead.

and looked at coin:::wilcox_test(). completely different signature, that would
need some more work...

  heinrich-heine-universit"at d"usseldorf