[rkward-devel] duplicate menu entry

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Dec 11 16:40:30 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Sunday 11 December 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> the "Manage installed R packages" menu entry shows up two times on my
> machine, in "Workspace" as well as in "Settings", do you have that, too?

yes, that was done on purpose, years ago, since it wasn't quite clear, whether
users would expect this in the Settings or the Workspace menu. Up until
recently, they had different names (but were already doing the same thing):
"Load / unload packages" and "Configure packages".

Not sure, whether we really want to keep both menu entries. But it is quite
important that this feature is easily discoverable.

> btw, since you can also install new packages there, i'd drop the
> "installed".

True. Done.