[rkward-devel] XML parser [was: a new approach to external plugins]

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Mon Aug 15 23:56:06 UTC 2011

hi,

am Freitag 12 August 2011 (01:12) schrieb meik michalke:
> i tried to make the XML paste function rather generic, although this is
> just a  first round...
[...]
> should this go into another package (rkwardplugdev?) or something already
> present?

just to let you know, this nagged me, so i wrote a very simple XML parser as
well. it's not finished, it especially needs some nice methods now to get the
data out of the parsed object without going insane. but it's a start, and it
does read a pluginmap ;-)

although it's not really documented yet, if someone would like to try it, go
ahead and do a

 install.packages("XiMpLe", repo="http://R.reaktanz.de")
 library(XiMpLe)

and then

 parsed.foo <- parseXMLTree("/path/to/some.xml")
 str(parsed.foo)

the structures of the object classes XiMpLe.doc and XiMpLe.node lean toward
those defined by the XML package, but i wouldn't call that "compatibility"
just yet... however, it's pure R code and should run anywhere.