[rkward-devel] Snapshot 7 sep: new plot window too big

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 20:30:15 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Thomas Friedrichsmeier
<thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday 07 September 2010, Matthieu Stigler wrote:
>> I guess since new buttons have been added to the toolbar of the plot
>> window,  it comes on the screen too big, so that the lower right part is
>> not on the screen and I can't reach it. I'm then not able to resize it
>> as I want... Do you see this too? maybe it would be more comfortable if
>> it comes with smaller size by default?

What is the screen size? Is it due to large buttons or large call
strings (esp. lattice)?

BTW, until it is fixed, you can use Alt+right mouse button to resize any window.

> which version of KDE is that? Here (with KDE 4.4.4), the toolbar shows a small
> arrow button in case it does not fit, instead of forcing the window to become
> larger.

I haven't tried the plot history drop down yet, but hadn't seen any
problem with the other icons present. This was on KDE 4.4.5
(Debian/sid)

> Either way, we should probably save some more space on the toolbar. I'm not
> really comfortable with changing the default icon size, since this is based on
> the global user setting. So should we remove some more buttons by default? I
> think "Duplicate" is one candidate for removal. Perhaps we could also remove
> the Previous/Next buttons, now that there is the drop-down button?

Just a thought: can we make the toolbar configurable? User's can keep
whichever they use most.

Regards,
--
Prasenjit