[rkward-devel] Request for feedback on plot history

Stefan Rödiger stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Mon Sep 6 18:24:12 UTC 2010

Am Montag 06 September 2010, 13:10:26 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> Hi,
>
> On Monday 06 September 2010, Stefan Rödiger wrote:
> > The dropdown menu ("What next? c") would be really helpful. Indicating
> > the number of the plot and the fist bit of the commands used would be
> > sufficient for me. Something like:
> >
> > 1	plot(rnorm(...
> > 2	hist(data...
>
> I've added a drop-down menu (Prasenjit, I hope I did not get into your way
> with this; the changes in public_graphics.R are fairly straightforward,
> though). Of course for "normal" (non lattice) plots, showing the plot
> command is probably impossible, technically.
>
> This is still buggy when you are navigating from a yet unsaved plot to a
> different position, when the history is already filled to the maximum
> length. It should be possible to fix this, but since it probably needs to
> make some assumptions about the internals of the implementation, I thought
> I rather wait for the next version before bothering with this.

Worked fine for me. I had no crashes when I was doing some boxplots, jumping
between them, ... . I changed the default the settings (8 instead of 20) plot
history entries out of curiosity what might happen. Even that worked with the
notification that some plots need to be removed when I apply the new settings.

> > But I wonder how do you deal with multiple opened windows? All have one
> > history or each has an individual?
>
> All windows share a single history, currently. This has some advantages
> (most importantly, the plot history persists after closing the device
> windwow!), but it's also the root cause of most of the headaches which
> Prasenjit and I have been discussing the past few days.

Okay.

> Regards
> Thomas

Regards