[rkward-devel] Request for feedback on plot history

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 18:12:57 UTC 2010

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 1:49 PM, Prasenjit Kapat <kapatp at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, what next?
> * One simpler strategy is to use separate history for individual
> devices, the way it is implemented on Mac OSX's quartz device. This
> way replaying / updating across devices is totally avoided.
> * Provide only first / prev / next / last and clear history actions,
> again, similar to quartz (), with no restriction on history length.
> Thereby, no complications due to "remove" action.

Actually, with this strategy, history length / remove actions will be
relatively easy to implement. We could, on "duplicate device"
duplicate the entire history from one device to the other and after
that each history will behave independently. On x11 () calls, we could
start with an empty history.

The unavoidable drawback in this case is that the histories will be
lost when closing the device.

--
Prasenjit