[rkward-devel] Windows packaging

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Oct 26 06:48:31 UTC 2010

> Mine's 4.5.0 (as seen from g++.exe --version). Should a different
> version matter? After all the compilation was done with this MinGW as
> well. Note: C:\MinGW\bin is not in my %PATH%, I only add it in the
> make_release.bat file.

I would be surprised, if it matters, but I'm trying to spot differences. So
here's one that we could revisit, later.

Not having C:\MinGW\bin in the %PATH% should not be the problem, or at least,
if it was, the installer as compiled on my computer would not work on yours,
either.

> The directory is fine as well - rkward.bin.exe is in
> D:\RKWard_package\RKWard\KDE\bin which is where all the libkde* exist.

Just for testing: Does it work, if you install to the KDE-installation you
used for building, instead? If it does, then we'll know we should look out for
problems with the KDE installation rather than the build.

> Here, I've a question. For packaging, I installed the "end user" (not
> the "package manager") version of KDE (mingw flavor). I only checked
> kdebase-apps (Bin) and let it install the dependencies. Is that OK?

Yes, that should do the trick. To make sure you really got the correct flavor,
take a look at the "manifest"-directory in there. This should contain kdelibs-
mingw4-4.4.x-bin.mft, among many others. Looking in mine, I see that I have
kdewin-mingw4-4.3.2-bin.mft, however that got there. I guess you will have
kdewin-mingw4-0.5.2-bin.mft, instead? Might be something to look at, too, but
I don't think it's the cause of the problem.

> > building? Here's mine:
> And here's mine (looks similar to yours):

Yes, no problems to be seen, here.