[rkward-devel] Windows packaging

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Oct 14 07:05:19 UTC 2010

On Thursday 14 October 2010, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> mingw32-make[2]: *** No rule to make target `U:/lib/libkdewin.dll.a',
> needed by `rkward/rkward.bin.exe'.  Stop.
> mingw32-make[1]: *** [rkward/CMakeFiles/rkward.bin.dir/all] Error 2
> mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Is "U:/lib/..." hard coded somewhere?

Yes, it's a known (and long standing bug). See this mail:
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-windows/2009-April/003655.html . You need to
fix all occurrences (two or three, IIRC), manually, in
KDEDIR\share\apps\cmake\modules .

(That's the one issue I remembered to document at
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/rkward/index.php?title=RKWard_on_Windows#Compiling_RKWard_from_source_on_Windows
. Perhaps it makes sense to move this whole section into the "Packaging" sub-
page.)