[rkward-devel] rkwardtests package: done :-)

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Wed Oct 13 21:29:31 UTC 2010

hi,

am Mittwoch 13 Oktober 2010 (20:02) schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> It would still be safe, as long as the directory name is unique enough to
> avoid any likely collisions

well, something like

    path <- tempfile(paste("rktests.", suite at id, sep=""))
    if(!dir.create(path, recursive=TRUE)) {
      stop(simpleError("Couldn't create temporary directory!"))
    }
    else {
      assign(".rktest.temp.dir", path, envir=globalenv())
    }

should do the job, shouldn't it?

> Of course this would mean adjusting the testing framework, and probably
> also a few tests. Would you like to continue on this?

sure, why not.

> For the tests-directory, I suggest to mirror the "main" tests directory:

ok, i've prepared an up-to-date klausuR plugin including
 - full XML metainfo in .pluginmap
   (i've added some "max_version" arguments as well, might be needed; i didn't
    include other plugins, though.)
 - an <include> call in the .xml file
 - a functioning test suite and standards files

with the R functions it was really easy:
  setwd("~/.rkward/plugins/klausuR_rkward-0.9-8/klausuR_rkward/tests/")
  rktest.makeplugintests("testsuite.R", testroot=getwd())

would it be ok to set this as default values in the function, so that a plain
rktest.makeplugintests() would work for those standardised cases?
if you're not in the testroot dir, you just have to make sure to set it
accordingly, e.g.:
  rktest.setSuiteStandards(suite,
  basedir="~/.rkward/plugins/klausuR_rkward-0.9-8/klausuR_rkward/tests/")

you can all easily install it via the new "push me" button (which works
perfectly here). now that there's a plugin package to play with, maybe
somebody feels encouraged to try to make real use of all the meta info ;-)

> I'd say, even "plugins/" you not need to be strictly enforced (although
> encouraged)

true, let's just call it "good practice".

heinrich-heine-universit"at 40225 d"usseldorf