[rkward-devel] rkwardtests package: done :-)

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Oct 12 18:17:56 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Tuesday 12 October 2010, meik michalke wrote:
> ok, i've tried something there: storing the status quo in a temporal object
> and restoring it from there afterwards.

yes, that's a clean solution. Great.

> also, i tried to prevent the
> cleanup function from doint too much damage by limiting the potentially
> recognised file names. have a look in SVN.

Hm, it's certainly less dangerous, now. However, some tests/suites create files
other than messages, output, and commands, esp. import_export_plugins.R, and
may potentially be thrown off track, if those files already exist.

One safe approach might be for rktest.runRKTestSuite() to take a snapshot,
which files are present in the test directory, and to remove all others
on.exit(). However, sometimes it is quite useful to have those files around for
inspection, which is why rktest.cleanRKTestSuite() is currently called before
running the suite, instead of afterwards.

Well, I don't know. No good idea on how to resolve this, ATM. Perhaps put a
marker file into the test directory, so rktest.cleanRKTestSuite() can verify
it's working on the correct path?

> are there still unresolved issues with this package?

Besides this one, none that I know of, right now. Thanks!