[rkward-devel] Windows packaging

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Oct 8 09:42:57 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Friday 08 October 2010, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> Can you explain the variables in make_release.bat? I've edited the
> wiki, check and if needed fix them there.

looks correct.

> Now, I had to provide the full path to cmake:
>
> %KDEPREFIXDRIVE%\%KDEPREFIX%\bin\cmake   (instead of just cmake)
>
> in make_release.bat file; because, the KDE4\bin dir is not in the %PATH%.

Ok, probably it's best to add
  PATH=%KDEPREFIXDRIVE%/%KDEPREFIX%/bin;%PATH%
to make_release.bat, then, to make sure the KDE directory is in the path
during compilation.

> -DR_LIBDIR=C:/Program Files/R/R-2.11.1/library
[...]
>"D:/RKWard_devel/release_branch_0.5.4/windows_nsis/build/Files/R/R-2.11.1/l
> ibrary" does not exist.

Looks like a problem with the space in the "C:\Program Files". You could try
putting quotes around the define in the cmake command line, i.e.
   -DR_LIBDIR="%RHOMEDRIVE%/%RHOME%/library"
etc. Not sure whether it works, though. R itself cautions (or used to caution)
about installing to a path with spaces in it, so if nothing else helps, move /
copy your R installation to another place.

> The second one is mingw32-make - which (KDE) package has this? It is
> not in mingw-utils! I presume I'll need the mingw compiler as well
> from sourceforge?

Oh well, all those steps I just forgot, blissfully. Yes, I had to download
MinGW manually from mingw.sf.net. Not sure, whether their installer works,
these days. An alternative approach is to get it using emerge:
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4/Windows/emerge .

Oh, and for the next problem that might be ahead, see this:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/rkward/index.php?title=RKWard_on_Windows#Troubleshooting