[rkward-devel] rkwardtests package: done :-)

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Oct 7 18:59:50 UTC 2010

hi,

am Donnerstag 07 Oktober 2010 (18:30) schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> Hm, do you have the file
>   /usr/lib/R/bin/roxygen
> ? Possibly a problem with multiple installations of R? Check wether
>   which R
> is the one you expect (this one keeps tricking me again and again...).

i didn't install the roxygen package system wide, but to $HOME/R, amongst a
lot of other packages. i don't want to mess with system directories handled by
dpkg, so anything i fetch directly from a CRAN repository stays in my $HOME.
usually this works great, but "R CMD roxygen" seems to care only about $RHOME
and ignore $R_LIB and $R_LIB_USER :-/

> I thought the "packing" was part of "roxygenizing", but it's not.

the packaging it's actually not really needed for us, either. the script
wasn't intended to become a part of the distribution, i just thought it's
easier to see something that works for me.

> Skimming through the diff, I stumbled across this:
>
>  # counterpart to rktest.initializeEnvironment. Restores the most important
> settings
>  rktest.resetEnvironment <- function () {
> -       rm (list=c ("rk.set.output.html.file", "rk.get.tempfile.name",
> ".rk.make.hr"), envir=globalenv ())
>         .rk.rerun.plugin.link <<- .rk.rerun.plugin.link.replacement
>  }
>
> Was that intentional?

yes, otherwise this would only give meaningless warnings: the objects that
rm() tries to remove from globalenv have never appeared there, because they
are now only created temporarily inside the functions' environemental context.

i forgot to mention that i removed the function calls at the end of all test
suites (it's part of the main function), so currently the old testing
framework is broken. is that ok?

for a plugin test now one only has to provide a valid suite object, everything
else is handled by rktest.makeplugintests(). if your testing the package
doesn't show probelms, we could replace the old framework completely.

heinrich-heine-universit"at 40225 d"usseldorf