[rkward-devel] Downloadable plugins

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Oct 7 07:52:50 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Wednesday 06 October 2010, meik michalke wrote:
> this one roxygen() call is needed during doc
> creation because roxygen would ignore the comment-only package file
> completely otherwise. [TODO: check wheter this is still true, because
> roxygen is in vivid development, and this drawback might have been solved
> already.]

it seems you can rewrite that as
  roxygen <- function () NULL
. I'm not sure, whether that's the way it's meant to be used, but as far as I
understand, roxygen() is just a marker to make it find "empty" source files.
This appears to work, here (roxygen 0.1-2), and also allows to drop the
roxygen dependency.

Also, with version 0.1-2 of roxygen, I can simply write
  [in directory rpackages]
  R CMD roxygen rkwardtests/
from the command-line (or even
  R CMD roxygen rkwardtests/ rkwardtests/
to make it write the new .Rd files in place).

I think that could shorten your script, considerably.