[rkward-devel] Windows packaging

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Oct 3 17:51:11 UTC 2010

Hi!

As stated quite a while ago, I'd like to get some help with creating the
windows packages, if possible. Prasenjit volunteered to help back then, but I
simply forgot to take the next step. Now it's much too close to the release,
and so I have created the installer and bundle for 0.5.4, already.

However, I have also created a page with and outline of the steps needed to
create both the single installer, and the installation bundle. Again, it's too
late to ask you to contribute the windows binaries for tomorrow's release, but
if you have some time, I'd like for you to give these instructions a try, so
you will know how to do it on your own, next time (e.g. we will probably want
to offer an updated installation bundle, once R 2.12.0 is out):
https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/rkward/index.php?title=RKWard_on_Windows/Packaging
.

Quite likely something is missing here or there, so let me know what goes
wrong.

P.S.: Even if you do not intend to help with the windows packaging, it may be
worth while to take a look. The procedure for creating the single installer is
probably also the easiest way to compile and test the current development
version on Windows.

P.P.S: Does anybody have a Windows server at their hands? If you could arrange
it to provide daily builds using this procedure, that would be really, really
nice to have.