[rkward-devel] First release candidate of RKWard 0.5.4 / SVN open for new features

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Oct 1 10:38:59 UTC 2010

Hi,

no major problems were discovered during the testing phase of 0.5.4-pre1, so
I'll proceed with the release preparations as planned:

--- Testers ---

Testing is always welcome, and you should always report the bugs you find.
However, the 0.5.4-release will not be fixed for anything that is not a *grave*
problem. So any bugs of normal severity will have to wait for the next
release.

In case you're using the daily builds on launchpad
(https://launchpad.net/~rkward-devel/+archive/rkward-dailys), be aware that
these will follow "trunk", i.e. the development version of rkward.

--- Packagers ---

A .tar.gz of the release candidate is at
http://rkward.sourceforge.net/temp/0.5.4-rc1/ . This carries the "0.5.4"-
version number already, and we discover a severe problem at the last minute,
this will be identical to the official 0.5.4 release. Thus, you may want to
start packaging. However, please do not release anything called "0.5.4" before
October 4.

Again, a small reminder that RKWard no longer requires PHP at runtime, so you
should drop that dependency, if you haven't done so, yet.

--- Developers ---

SVN trunk is open for all types of commits, again.