[rkward-devel] JSS paper, round 2

Stefan Rödiger stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Tue Nov 16 00:45:42 UTC 2010

Am Montag 15 November 2010, 17:12:54 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> Hi,
>
> I've also edited liberally, shortened, here, extended there, and moved
> sentences around. All in all this makes the change-tracking *look* as if I
> had changed just about anything about this chapter. While this is not
> quite true, I do wonder, how to proceed from this, best, since it will
> probably make merging other people's changes quite a feat.

That's all fine. I use to work with such tools lately. Indeed usually it looks
horrible but so what. :)
As long as people focus on sections it will work easily otherwise it will be
though indeed. But this is the best we have right now.

> Stefan, ideally, *if* you have the time right now, I think it would be
> good, if you could go through my changes, accept the ones you like, and
> upload a new version, for everybody else to work with.

Will do so within the next minutes.

> Failing that, but hoping you have *some* time, at the moment, perhaps you
> can still skim through the changes to make sure you are ok with the
> general direction of my changes. Then others can base their edits /
> comments on my version, and we can sort out any fine points that you do
> not agree with, later.

All fine. As discussed, some figures are out (Google data, localisation,
etc.). I accepted most of your changes. Besides that I corrected some minor
errors and so on.

@ all: I didn't take time (intentionally) to read every single changed or
existing line. We will fix errors next. Don't bother with missing words or
grammar. Now the focus is still on structure and content. The same applies to
the figures. Please make clear (by comment or so) which figures are useful or
what is missing from your point of view. Generally one should grasp the
meaning even though they are in German (will be English finally).

> Failing that, it's probably still a good idea for the rest of you to take
> my version as a base for your comments / edits, as it's also a bit more
> complete.

Everybody is open to do so with the new version.

Regards
Stefan