[rkward-devel] Windows packaging

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Nov 5 09:56:27 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Thursday 04 November 2010, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> Yes, that is what I meant. Ideally, a "make clean" analogue would be
> nice... Now, w/ or w/o build directory I get the same error, see
> below.

well, make clean is "mingw32-make clean" on Windows. But removing the build-
directory is even cleaner, esp. including removing any CMake caches.

> No, the error is not affected by the added flag.
>
> Now, I should mention that there are two instances of kde on this
> machine: (1) D:\KDE4 used for building and (2)
> D:\RKWard_packagein\RKWard\KDE used for installing/packaging. The 2nd
> instance was installed _after_ the first one, so is it possible that
> some environment variables are being messed up? (Are there any KDE
> related env vars which are not defined in make_release.bat?) But note
> that both of these were installed as "limited user" so I expect the
> registry to be unaffected.

You can use
   SET
to list all environment variables, and look out for anything suspicious,
there. Besides the %PATH%, the %KDE_DIR%-variable affects KDE (if present).

> What is this "KDEWin library"? (I have kdewin-migw4 (Bin) installed,
> everything else is as in the wiki.)

That should be it (I think).

- Try adding [KDEDIR]\lib to your PATH, if not already present, in addition to
[KDEDIR]\bin.
- If that does not work: My CMakeCache.txt has
  KDEWIN_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=C:/KDE/lib/libkdewin.dll.a
You could try adding the appropriate path to the ADD_CMAKE_FLAGS as
  -DKDEWIN_LIBRARY=your/path
- Verify that you have libkdewin.dll.a in your KDE installation, somewhere.