[rkward-devel] RKWard on Windows

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Nov 5 08:48:40 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Friday 05 November 2010, Stefan Rödiger wrote:
> My current work around is to do all my installing and updating of packages
> via Rgui. As stated before after the fresh R 2.12 installation where I set
> the -- internet2 flag everything was working in the Rgui but still not in
> RKWard. That's all I can say to it. Sorry.

ah, probably we fail to honor the --internet2 flag on the command line. Could
you try running
   setInternet2(TRUE)
in the R Console instead? I think that should do the trick then.

> Okay, I assumed this. That's a valuable information we can put in the
> RKWard help to make the information available without digging through the
> list. I suggest we put it in the trouble shooting section.

I've added information on updating in the RKWard_on_Windows page in the wiki,
for now. I guess that is a likely place for users to look?