[rkward-devel] Windows packaging

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Nov 3 13:30:20 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Wednesday 03 November 2010, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> libstdc++ is NOT included in either of the two KDE installations on my
> machine!

sorry, I meant that libstc++ is *inside* of the Qt .dlls (although, I'm not
too sure any longer that it is), not as a separate file.

> On my system libstdc++ is only present in C:\MinGW\bin. Where is it on
> your system?

Same, here.

> >> Mine's 4.5.0 (as seen from g++.exe --version). Should a different
> >> version matter? After all the compilation was done with this MinGW as
> >> well. Note: C:\MinGW\bin is not in my %PATH%, I only add it in the
> >> make_release.bat file.
> >
> > I would be surprised, if it matters, but I'm trying to spot differences.
> > So here's one that we could revisit, later.
>
> Yes, something that I'll have to comeback to and try.

Ok, so I've tried with MinGW 4.5.0, and now I see the same issue. So one
solution would be to use MinGW 4.4.0. But that is not easy to install. I
certainly don't recall the steps I took, back then. I guess, I could zip up my
installation, and put it somewhere for you to download. However, adding
   -DCMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS="-static-libstdc++ -static-libgcc"
to the "ADD_CMAKE_FLAGS" on line 15 of make_release.bat appears to work with
MinGW 4.5.0, too. I did not do much testing, though.