[rkward-devel] system calls with JS?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Mar 10 19:14:41 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Wednesday 10 March 2010, meik michalke wrote:
> in the attempt to migrate my klausuR-dialogs from PHP to JS i ran into a
> problem: i used a system call to check if some necessary commands for the
> creation of pdf files are available (pdflatex, pdftk...), but JS doesn't
>  seem to be capable of that.
>
> is there a workaround someone can think of?

hmm, that is not currently possible from JS. Before I start adding something
like that: Would it be possible to use R code for that, instead? This would
potentially have the added benefit of making the generated code more portable.

If that suggestion does not sound good to you, could you post a couple of
example lines to make it easier to discuss the details?