[rkward-devel] Preview release of RKWard 0.4.9c for KDE 3

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Mar 6 13:56:35 UTC 2010

Hi!

For those who are still using KDE 3 based systems: Please download and test
rkward-0.4.9c-pre1 (http://p.sf.net/rkward/download). This finally brings
support for the dynamic help system in R 2.10.x, and has a number of further
fixes backported from the main development line.

-- Release Schedule --

I am unsure, how many of you still have an active interest in these
compatibility releases, therefore I do not propose any specific timeline. If
you are going to participate testing, please let me know, how much time you
will need. I'd like to get this off my TODO list, soon, but of course it should
get a decent amount of testing (esp. since this will hopefully be the last KDE
3 compatibilty release we need).

-- Things to look out for in testing --

- Most importanty, of course, please give the help system (help browsing,
following links, help search) a decent round of testing.
- If could test with different versions of R (if possible, including
prereleases of R 2.11.x), that would be really helpful.