[rkward-devel] [JSS-Announce] Special issue on GUI's for R

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 14:37:52 UTC 2010

HI,

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Detlef Steuer
<detlef.steuer at hsu-hamburg.de> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 11:51:25 +0200
> meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> am Freitag 25 Juni 2010 (11:33) schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
>> > in a team
>>
>> i'd be willing to contribute to this project, too. i planned on writing an
>> article some time ago, but i didn't get too far...
>
> Hi!
>
> I could imagine to contribute, too :-)

Any material pertaining to _statistical jargon_ or, to a little
extent, graphics, I will be contributing as well. As Thomas said,
someone has to take the lead role. Unfortunately, for similar reasons
(and time) that won't be me.  What I would suggest is the following:

One (or more) can start up with a broad outline on the main points
(just bullets) that should go in the article. Then others can add /
modify these bullets. Once we are (sort of settled) on the bullets,
then they can be assigned to different folks willing to contribute.

So start pouring in the bullets...

In this context:
1. decide on the word processor: LaTeX would be my suggestion
2. decide on the contributed editing repo: create a svn "release
branch" (say, jss_dec_10) at sf for the article? Or is a journal
article proprietary material, and hence not suited for sf? If so, and
if folks are willing to use google docs, then there is latexlab:
http://docs.latexlab.org/

Regards,
--
Prasenjit