[rkward-devel] [JSS-Announce] Special issue on GUI's for R

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Jun 25 09:33:59 UTC 2010

Hi,

I saw that announcement, indeed, I really think we should strive to make
use of this opportunity. Thanks for sending a reminder to the list.

If possible, I would like one or more of you to step forward and take
the main responsibility for this article. I will be happy to supply
details, important design considerations, etc. But I don't have an
academic background in software sciences, and I'm not quite sure whether
I can find the time to pick up on the discourse and jargon, and to do
the writing.

Naturally, if you do the bulk of the writing, you get to be first author(s).

Stefan Rödiger schrieb:
> Sounds tempting. J. Fox published 2005 in JSS an article about Rcmdr and I
> think with some effort we could achieve the same. I would like to offer my
> contribution to an article.

Thanks! Perhaps we can use the Fox article as a sort of template for
getting started, too.

How much time are you able/willing to invest into this? Could you
imagine to act as main author, alone or in a team?