[rkward-devel] dev.off () bug

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Jun 24 16:04:40 UTC 2010

Hi,

Prasenjit Kapat schrieb:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 2:18 AM, Prasenjit Kapat <kapatp at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Doing debug (dev.off) shows: (A) the current device (2) is closed and
>> (B) two new devices (3,4) are opened when .Internal (dev.off
>> (.......)) gets called.

somehow that mail appears to be lost.

Anyway, I guess the content is that it just didn't work.

I see that you found a workaround, but of course it would be best, if we
can fix the problem at its root. I suspect it's due to the fact that the
RKWard GUI thread attempts to do something with the X window, when it is
already gone in R. Then, for some reason, R spawns two new devices in
reaction to that. I'm attaching a patch that removes your workaround,
and tries to add some better synchronization instead. Since I still
don't see the issue, could you please test, whether this fixes the
problem for you?