[rkward-devel] dev.off () bug

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jun 23 07:39:20 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 22 June 2010, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> When you find some time, here is some more information:
> this bug seems to be related to KDE 4.4.x series; see below.

Hm. I still had KDE 4.3, indeed. Now I've updated to 4.4.4, but I still don't
see this bug, here.

> > Ok, then here's an idea for a hack around the bug: Directly before the
> > "real" dev.off() add
> >   .rk.lock.device <- TRUE
> > and
> >   .rk.lock.device <- FALSE
> > directly after. In rk.screen.device add
> >   if (exists (.rk.lock.device) && .rk.lock.device) return
> > at the start.
>
> Well, this didn't help :( Issue persists.

Ok, turn those "<-" into "<<-", obviously. I would not be surprised, if this
has undesirable side-effects, but it should really have *some* effect on the
issue.

If it still does not, try
   debug (rk.screen.device)
and inspect what's going on in there after calling dev.off(). (Although the
real mystery is why rk.screen.device() is getting called at all during
dev.off().