[rkward-devel] paginate onscreen graphics device

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Jun 21 18:24:42 UTC 2010

On Monday 21 June 2010, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> I do have a wrapper around dev.off: testable as soon as the bug is
> taken care of.

Ok, then here's an idea for a hack around the bug: Directly before the "real"
dev.off() add
   .rk.lock.device <- TRUE
and
   .rk.lock.device <- FALSE
directly after. In rk.screen.device add
   if (exists (.rk.lock.device) && .rk.lock.device) return
at the start. I also have another potential solution in mind, but perhaps this
one will work for you.

> > Can you arrange for some function to be called whenever the
> > history-length or position changes? Then I can take care of updating the
> > state of the menu items.
>
> Sure, let me know what you want the function to do?

Just make sure it gets called, I can take care of the implementation (it will
collect info on the number of plots in the history, and the history positions
of each device, and pass that on to the GUI; if you want to take a look at how
to send info to the GUI, you can try to follow the code path of
rk.screen.device, but be warned that this may be a bit ... non-obvious).